Purpose Of Role
We are a fast-growing team based in Upper Heyford, Northamptonshire (off Junction 16 of the M1). We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Buyer, with a can-do work ethic to join our team.
- Duties will include:
- Assessing and reviewing suppliers and ensuring appropriate agreements are in place
- Responsibility for ordering of all stock and consumables, ensuring satisfactory stock levels and forward planning with suppliers
- Ensuring suppliers are delivering in the correct timeframe, with all cost requirements being adhered to
- Building strong relationships and communicating effectively with suppliers to understand/resolve delivery commitments or problems
- Responsibility for ensuring that the MRP system is updated with stock arrival dates, etc.
- Preparation and circulation of reports when required
- Working closely with Production on stock control, accuracy and inventory levels
- Supplier visits as and when required
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Knowledge of Unleased MRP software desirable
- Minimum of 2 years previous purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of Bill of Materials
- Stock control experience
- Strong administration skills
- Part CIPS qualification
- A hands-on approach to the role
In return we offer a Salary sacrifice pension scheme, Group life cover, Critical illness cover, Product allowance, 20 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays), increasing after 3 years’ service
Due to our location, you will need your own transport.
Please note, due to the high volume of CVs we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
STRICTLY NO AGENCY CONTACT PLEASE – WE WILL NOT ACCEPT AGENCY CALLS OR CVS