Caring for your alloy wheels
Your vehicle’s wheels are the lowest point of the car and get constantly bombarded with dirt, road grime and road salt. No matter whether you have standard, multi-piece or forged wheels, getting these protected is super important. Not only to preserve their look and value but to make ongoing wheel maintenance much easier. Having well protected wheels means that you don’t have to use caustic chemicals to remove brake dust and help to mitigate pitting of the alloys.
This is where Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour comes to the rescue. Wheel Armour offers the best protection for wheels, repelling brake dust and contaminants and making them easier to maintain.
Because of C5’s unique, exceptionally fine surface rheology and chemical bonding mechanism, its performance is outstanding. The former property gives the coating its excellent stain and contaminant resistance, and the chemical bond formed between the wheel surface and C5 makes the coating durable. C5 Wheel Armour will retain its integrity up to temperatures of 600°C (1112°F) making it suitable for all parts of your vehicle’s rims and brake callipers.
- 15ml of C5 will cover the rim faces only of up to 17-inch wheels
- 30ml of C5 will cover the inside and out of any wheels up to 20-inch wheels
- Wheel Armour can be applied to painted brake callipers
Application instructions for C5 Wheel Armour
- Wash and decontaminate your wheels with Gtechniq cleaning products including, W5 Citrus All Purpose Cleaner and W6 iron & Fallout Remover.
- Wipe down each wheel before application with Gtechniq Panel Wipe – this will ensure the best possible bond. Please be careful with smart repairs on your wheels as this may strip the paintwork on them
- Shake well before use and wear gloves
- Soak the AP1 Lint Free Applicator pad provided with several drops of product, and spread the coating onto the surface of your rim – no more than ½ a wheel each time
- Once you have spread the coating, buff residue within 30-60 seconds with an MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth
- Repeat the process on all of your wheels
- Allow the coating to cure indoors for 12 hours before exposing to the elements
- Suitable for gloss, satin and matt rim finishes
- Store in a cool, dry place
- Use within 3 months of opening